Full-Time Full-Time Assistant needed at Park City Museum
The Park City Museum in Park City, Utah has an immediate opening for a full-time Museum Assistant. The successful candidate will work with the Curatorial and Education departments to assist staff with a wide range of education and collections initiatives to help advance the Museum’s mission. The Assistant will work under the supervision of the Curator of Collections & Exhibits and the Director of Education.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Curatorial Department (3 days a week and/or as needed)
- Assist Curator with cataloging a significant backlog of donations and unprocessed material, including a wide variety of objects, photos and archives.
- Assist Curator with full-scale collections inventory and associated database clean-up and problem-solving.
- Assist with digitization and preservation of a large collection of acetate and nitrate negatives.
- Assist with other collections management projects, such as rehousing objects, creating object mounts and boxes, collections moves, storage reorganization, database management, etc.
- Help with traveling exhibit installations/de-installations and other exhibit tasks as needed.
Education Department (2 days a week and/or as needed)
- Assist Director of Education with adult tours of Museum, school tours, and Main Street walking tours.
- Support existing Museum programming and develop at least one program for each traveling exhibit (~4 per year).
- Manage and maintain the Education Collection of hands-on learning resources.
- Assist Director of Education with Glenwood Cemetery tours and programming.
- Degree in Museum Studies, Public History or a related field.
- Experience with cataloguing and collections work in a museum setting.
- Excellent object-handling skills and proficiency with museum databases.
- Experience with museum education/interpretive programming.
- Experience working with children preferred.
- Must be extremely well-organized and detail-oriented with expert time-management skills.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, problem-solve and take initiative.
- Must possess excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills. Must work effectively with diverse groups of people.
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, editing and speaking.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments while staying focused and cognizant of deadlines.
- A high level of professionalism and excellent customer service.
- Solid understanding of professional museum practices and procedures.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office required, knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Past Perfect a plus.
This is a full-time position, typically Monday through Friday with occasional Saturdays and/or Sundays. Benefits include paid vacation days, personal and sick leave and holidays, as well as health insurance.
Salary: $42,000 – 45,000 per year.
Deadline is October 3, 2021. Applications must be received by Sunday, October 3 to be considered for the position.